Boundaries and Cuddle Puddles
I recently went to something called the Interfusion Festival and took part in a 500+ all gender Cuddle Party! Yes you read that right. And guess what? It was SO MUCH FUN!
Talk about fun, nurturing and playfulness! Here's a sampling of what went on: The video above is what I called the human steamroller and my friend called the human hot dog rotisserie. There was a line of people lying on the floor (that's me on the end on the right) and at the other end, someone would start rolling over all the people who were lying down. So you just rolled, over big bodies, little bodies, short bodies, tall bodies. Then when you reached the end of the line, you got to lie down and be rolled over, too! I felt so connected, filled with joy and feelings of playfulness.
Before that, I connected with two other women and asked if they wanted to spoon. They did and we decided who got to be in the middle (it was lucky me!). One woman was really clear she wanted to stay on the end! So while we were spooning, with explicit consent, we started stroking each other's arms, going through each other's hair. It was beautiful. Then other people kept coming up to us and asked if they could be part of our spoon line. We sent them to the "back" side, so that we respected the one woman's boundaries of not wanting to be in the middle of a spoon. Then at one point, we all decided to switch direction, so now you became the big spoon to the person you were the little spoon to, etc. And all of it with full consent from all participating folx. It was so nurturing. So comforting. It's hard to even describe the "fullness" I felt.
So this represents any number of things that might happen at Les Ladies first ever Cuddle Puddle Pajamarama. You can find the event in the Les Ladies Conscious Community or go to Eventbrite.
***PLEASE: register ahead of time***. It really helps to ease the stress of the day of when people are already registered.
DOORS OPEN at 6:30 pm, DOORS LOCK at 7:00pm (Cuddle Puddle Begins)
Love Exchange Sliding Scale: $22, 33 or $44/person, whichever you can afford. Venmo @LesLadies
NOTE: When you register via Eventbrite or pay on Venmo, you will be contacted directly to confirm your attendance and given further details. This will happen at an amazing super comfortable inviting space in NE DC with plenty of street parking.
Same day negative covid test required.
Of course, we still have our FREE virtual events:
Book Club: We host a monthly book club. This month, we will do a study group for Existential Kink by Carolyn Elliott.
Singles Salon: 1st Sunday of every month, March 5
Movie Night: 2nd Sunday of every month, Feb 12
Get To Know You Salon: 3rd Sunday of every month, Feb 19. This month we will be showcasing your talents!
Women of a Certain Age (WOCA): monthly, next one tonight, Feb 16.
Self Love & Compassion: 6 Week Masterclass--normally $198, now free! This is Module 1 of Love Essentials, a 6 Module, year long program. Available on demand, do it as your schedule permits.
We're doing something special this month for the Get To Know You Salon. We have many talented women out there! We want to see your talents. Is it poetry? A song? A dance? Or a show and tell of your artwork? Please come, whether you plan to perform or not.
How do I stay in the know on what's going on with the Les Ladies Conscious Community!! Maybe you aren't getting notifications. Maybe you don't know when these events are happening, and maybe you don't even know how to check your messages in the network or even know what network to check.
Here's are 4 easy steps to make sure you are in the know!
1. JOIN the Les Ladies Conscious Community. Although some of you may belong to the Les Ladies Meetup, the more robust private network that I encourage you to join is the Les Ladies Conscious Community, based on a Mighty Networks platform.
2. TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS. Make sure they're turned on in Mighty Networks. You can choose whether you want a daily digest or notifications as they occur. Click Here for a visual step by step.
3. SAFELIST with your internet provider. Internet providers tend to turn the notifications off believe it or not! To prevent this from happening, please "safelist" @mn.co emails (notice it's not @mn.com but @mn.co). For more info on how to do that, please go here.
4. DOWNLOAD Mighty Networks App on your phone. This makes it easier to get notifications. Be sure to turn on notifications in your phone's settings.
At Les Ladies, we believe that:
1. Creating a community of women* is key. One that feels safe and one that encourages you to be all of who you can be.
2. Everyone can learn how to find, create and maintain deeply satisfying, healthy, soul-expansive, loving relationships.
3. It all starts with self-awareness and self-love.
4. Personal commitment and the support of other amazing women accelerates your growth and development.
5. We're all in this together!
*female identified and nonbinary AFAB
With Love 💕 💗 and Anticipation,